The birth of my column ~ Lyme Time with Paula Jackson Jones




    Author:  Paula Jackson Jones
    Published:  03/23/2017


Three Years!  Three very long years is how long I waited for the opportunity that I have been given ~ to share prevention, awareness, education and my personal journey with Lyme and tick-borne co-infections with all of you in a very public forum.

I had approached my local editor a few years back and asked if I could write a column and was told that there were no opportunities available for me at that time.  Over the course of three years, I poured my heart and soul out via Facebook posts and was given opportunities to share articles and press releases "as space allowed" and found that often times, what I submitted was altered in order to fit into the allotted space. But my soul yearned for more and in the Spring of 2017, I was given my own column space and LYME TIME with Paula Jackson Jones was birthed and before long, I watched my LYME TIME column shared by other Maine newspapers and soon found my audience demographics was changing and growing!

I had originally planned to use this blog as a place to house all my articles for my columns but after speaking with several bloggers, am finding other inspirational uses for this unregulated platform.  

As a survivor of late stage neurological Lyme Disease complicated by Babesia, Bartonella, Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever and Erlichiosis that was misdiagnosed for over 18months, I feel my purpose is to speak out!!  Raising awareness about the dangers that lurk about our state, about more education that is needed for our medical providers to be able to recognize these diseases and have the proper tools available for treatment.  Providing support and direction to those who have been afflicted by Lyme and tick-borne disease. 

I choose to use my words for awareness and education but more importantly, I hope that my words can inspire connections and resources and bring about strength and hope for your own journey.

~ Paula

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tick Bites and Rashes

Resolutions: It's Time For Change!

HELP! I've Been Bit by a Tick! Now What?